Sunday, August 15, 2010

Vampires: Assembly Line in Full Swing (Part 2)




I can't say that I was a fan of the Grave Guard models until I started building them. Call me a hypocrite for not liking the massive headdresses the GGuard have when I own a Bretonnian army... I'd rate these guys as a 6/10 difficulty to assemble, only if you are assembling them with the great weapon option. Just like the Empire Great Swords, the GGuard have the positioning issue when considering how the weapon arm is angled so that the second supporting arm can be positioned to receive the weapon arm.

If you were giving them a sword and shield then they're still a 5/10, as there are a several bits involved in putting these guys together.


Next I did a first pass assembly of the Corpse Cart without any instructions. Tricky business, I looked at a lot of images and dry fit several pieces before assembly.

Instead of the usual placement of the cart driver in the rear I put him up front wading amongst the corpses. I'm going to either assemble him with the long pike with the corpse at the end or with the long lash. I prefer the cart driver up front, there is more of a sense of action from the model.

Here is an updated photo of my overall progress:




No comments:

Post a Comment